Thursday, September 27, 2007

so, i forgot my password and login name, and spent way too much time trying every possible combination. oddly enough by trying every combination of names and passwords that I have used since i was in 7th grade, I came across 2 previous blogs i was part of-one that i only posted one entry the day before i graduated high school, and one that was a 6-way blog between my best friends from high school and i. That lasted 2 years. oh, good memories....
sorry about that tangent. now onto what this is supposed to be about-Japanese

So I really enjoy coming to class and seeing everyone each day. I've had classes in the past that I just dread going to, whether it's because the prof is boring, or I feel like I can't grasp the concepts. But Japanese is fun. And the people in my class crack me up. In a good way for sure. In language classes I feel like you can't help but get to know the people pretty well, because not only do you see each other every day, but you actually are supposed to interact during drills and whatnot.
This new chapter is much more technical than the other ones. I've been going off straight up intuition for a lot of class so far, but I feel like that is about to stop right....now.
So, I made a really good friend this summer who did the JET program, and really enjoyed it. It is a very tempting concept. But then there is the whole-get a career after college thing that also seems like a good idea. If I could find a job that involved traveling around east asia, and had a creative aspect to it, that would be pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Max said...

I think I basically forget my login and password every single time I try to login. And I definitely agree that somehow japanese is a much more friendly class than most - maybe because we meet every day, or because we are all in this difficult process together, we can't help but sympathize with each other.