Monday, November 26, 2007

If anyone needs to smile about the difficulties and trials of learning japanese, check this out

http://pepper.idge.net/japanese/

ahhh, as we settle into the last 2 weeks of class, what a marvelous opportunity it is to look back on all that I've learned. And actually, well, pat on the back to us, because I can say we are quite competent for a 101 class. I mean, we can make jokes and laugh at each other, and understand some of the fine subtleties that japanese offers. In truth, these last 6 lessons have packed quite a bit. I've began to really care about mary and sue, and I'm a little worried about robert. I mean, he just had a three day weekend, why is he so tired that he is falling asleep in class? And, I've looked at chapter 7, and there is a picture of Mary smoking a cigarette. Although from what I learned about her high school days, she's always been a rebel child.

I kind of wish that I had started japanese 2 years ago as a first year. That way, by the time I graduated, there would be a very good chance that I would be pretty competent in the language. Where, if I keep going with it, the best I can do is really 2 years of college japanese.

I guess the idea of leaving college kinda sucks in a way. Because although you will continue (hopefully) to learn as you go along whatever career path you choose, it's nothing like college, where you can learn completely different topics at the same time. For instance, what job is going to have me still learning Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, and random other stuff, like religion and history and whatnot. sighhhhhhh. (I don't want to grow up)

I'm looking forward to winter break. I think my brother picked up some Doraemon dvd's while he was in china a few years ago, so I'll consider it "working on my japanese" if I watch those. Also, my mom is pretty decent at Japanese, so I'm sure I'll be hearing a lot of "Ohayogozaimasu" at 8 in the morning when she attempts to wake me up. haha. 8 in the morning. that's so hayai.

Maybe we should have a countdown until the last days of 101, and then have a party. In my portuguese class, we are speeding along at the moment because my prof really wants to spend the last few days watching a movie. Could Sato-sensei be convinced to do the same? After all, who wouldn't want to watch Totoro for the twentieth time? (and I'm not exaggerating)

No comments: